Snarky journalism isn’t fixing this
December 3, 2015 Leave a comment
The New York Daily News declares on its front page today, “God isn’t fixing this.” This is the worst headline of the year for the following five reasons:
1. The editor isn’t omniscient, and ignores God’s revelation that he is at work in the world, whether we pray or not.
2. Prayer has multiple purposes, and it is somewhat known amongst people who pray that God is not a cosmic vending machine.
3. “My thoughts are with you” doesn’t fix the problem any better than prayer.
4. Hillary Clinton’s politically expedient call for more gun control “isn’t fixing this” either.
5. This headline is is a product of the “do something disease” and the mistaken notion that government just needs to push a big red button to make it stop. Rather than emote or stoke vitriol against disfavored GOP candidates, this newspaper editor needs to grow up.